DIY candle painting 💭🕯

One of the pictures that inspired
me to paint the candles!
Did you know you can make your own candle party! A very easy and fun activity to do with some friends. Last weekend my friend and I wanted to be creative, therefor we decided to paint candles. On Pinterest I had already seen lots of pretty pictures of other people who made their own creations on candles and that night we decided to try it out for our selves. 

Turns out its a bit harder than we thought, that's why I will give you all of the tips of troubles we had so you won't have them during your paint night ;-) 

Let's start with a grocery list. What do you need to buy?


Use the tablecloth to cover your table, you can use this to avoid getting the candle wax on your table and also to get the candle wax off of your brush. 

light all the waxiness and wait till they're completely melted. 

Now stick your brush in the melted candle wax and start painting, be quick with your wax because it dries up very fast. 
You can use the back of the brush to scratch the parts you don't like off of your candle.  
Here is a video of how one of my candles turned out. 
It definitely wasn't perfect but I really love the cute 
hearts! 

We used the first candle as a try out candle because we found it a bit harder than we thought it would be so I recommend to buy a bit more candles that the ones you actually want to paint. 

And last but not least have fun painting! 

I hope this explanation helped you make your night even better and your dinner candles even prettier. 

Lots of love, 

Sara 

Ps. I would love to see how you painted your candles, show me in the comments! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get a daily Pinterest quote on your homescreen 💭

How to make your own posters with Canva and Pinterest.